Table of Contents
Worcester boilers come in different sizes and types. But you need to make a smart choice as per your heating requirements, efficiency, and peace of mind. No doubt, Worcester Bosch is a well-known boiler brand manufacturing high-quality boilers, but as a consumer, you must not fall prey to the marketing tactics. So choose a boiler that suits you the best and saves you money on your heating costs.
In this blog, we’ll look at popular Worcester boilers and factors that match certain models with specific properties. We’ll also analyze Worcester boiler prices and their main features.
At Eco Energy Services, we know finding the best boiler is crucial, and we’re here to assist you.
Worcester Bosch Boilers History
The company was established in 1962 in Worcester, creatively adopting its location’s name. Initially, it had a modest engineering facility. But gradually it expanded itself and secured its place in the UK’s largest boiler manufacturer. Robert Bosch Holdings acquired the company in 1992. He then formed the Worcester Bosch Group. Moreover, Worcester holds the Royal Warrant for heating supply to the Royal Family. In the past decade, it has received various best buy awards for their boilers. Without a doubt, its build quality, recommendation, and customer score are good.
Worcester Bosch Boilers Review
First, Worcester boilers come in all three primary boiler types: combi, system, and regular (heat only). Next, the company boasts of market-leading standards.
- Worcester system boilers: These are perfect for larger households with real-time water usage. Functioning like a combi boiler, they offer on-demand hot water. But they include a hot water storage cylinder usually in the loft.
- Worcester conventional boilers: Conventional boilers are suitable for storing hot water. They allow multiple users to enjoy it at the same time. They utilize a hot water cylinder and a cold water tank.
- Worcester combi boilers: On top of that, Worcester makes good quality combi boilers. Combi in fact fulfills the urgent need for hot water. So if you simply turn on the tap, hot water will start flowing.
Best Worcester Boilers
In the following section, we’ll look at different boiler models manufactured by Worcester. We’ve selected these on the basis of customer reviews posted online. Moreover, the majority of customers have provided positive reviews on these boiler models.
Worcester Bosch Greenstar 8000 Life Combi Gas Boiler
The Greenstar Ri gas boiler is available in a range of kW options to suit all property sizes from 12kW to 30kW. It is a compact and lightweight boiler. Moreover, you can fit i easily inside a standard kitchen cupboard. The efficiency rating of this model is 92%. Plus it has an 8-year standard warranty.
Worcester Bosch Greenstar Ri Regular Gas Boiler Features:
- Suitable for homes with a heating system including a hot water storage cylinder.
- You can use it with Greenskies solar panels for energy and cost savings.
- Includes frost protection, reducing risk in garage or loft installations.
- Fits in a standard kitchen cupboard.
- Simple boiler control knob.
Worcester Bosch Greenstar 2000 Combi Gas Boiler
First, the Greenstar 2000 comes in 25kW and 30kW versions. Next, the 25kW model is known for being the quietest combi gas boiler. Doubtless, it produces only 45dB. Moreover, it has a 93% efficiency rating. The Greenstar 2000 tries to reduce your heating bills. What’s more, it is a perfect fit for medium to larger homes, accommodating up to 20 radiators and 1-2 bathrooms.
Worcester Bosch Greenstar 2000 Combi Gas Boiler Features:
- Suitable for small to medium sized homes with one bathroom.
- Extremely quiet.
- 10-year guarantee on the primary heat exchanger.
- Innovative Quick Tap water-saving feature to reduce water wastage.
Worcester Bosch Greenstar 8000 Style Combi Gas Boiler
The Greenstar 8000 Style is offered in five kW sizes: 30kW, 35kW, 40kW, 45kW, and 50kW. Worcester has designed it for medium to larger homes with up to 20 radiators and 2+ bathrooms. Moreover, it provides a flexible range of kW size options. Ghe Greenstar 8000 Style is available in two color choices – a sleek black or white high-gloss finish. But it is suitable for homes with modern decor.
Worcester Bosch Greenstar 8000 Style Combi Gas Boiler Features:
- Ideal for heating larger homes.
- Longest guarantee.
- One of our quietest boilers to date.
- Wireless connectivity to the Bosch EasyControl.
- Optional unique Intelligent Filling System.
- Wireless connectivity with our smart thermostat, the Bosch EasyControl.
Worcester Bosch Greenstar Highflow CDi Combi Gas Boiler
The Greenstar CDi combi range is available in 29kW and 41kW. While its efficiency rating is 92%, ErP rating for central heating is A. This makes the Greenstar Highflow CDi a high-efficiency floor-standing boiler. Moreover, with this boiler you may greatly reduce your heating costs. Also, you can contribute to the reduction of carbon footprint. Additionally, it is critically important to note that Highflow CDi boiler is floor-standing. However, you cannot fit this boiler inside your standard kitchen cupboard.
Worcester Bosch Greenstar Highflow CDi Combi Gas Boiler Features:
- Higher output options are ideal for larger homes.
- Ability to function on a 20% hydrogen blend.
- Provision of high hot water flow rate over 90-litre draw-off.
- Wider control choices to increase comfort.
- Temperature display with a simpler control knob.
- Provides hot water instantly as per your demand.
Worcester Bosch Greenstar 4000 System Gas Boiler
The Greenstar 4000 comes in 12kW, 15kW, 18kW, 21kW, and 24kW models. In addition, this boiler has a new design with a user-friendly color display. It is in fact the quietest system boiler. Further, it will provide you with a comfortable heating experience.
Worcester Bosch Greenstar 4000 System Gas Boiler Features:
- Ability to run on a 20% hydrogen blend.
- Reduces gas consumption and lowers energy bills.
- Wireless connectivity.
- A hot water storage cylinder.
- Compatible with Greenskies solar panels for energy and cost savings.
Worcester Bosch Greenstar CDi Regular Gas Boiler
No doubt, the Greenstar CDi regular floor-standing gas boiler is available in 30kW and 42kW models. But it is a floor-standing boiler right for larger homes. Moreover, it meets higher heating and hot water demands. Since the efficiency rating of this model is 92% while ErP A-rating for central heating, so it can reduce energy bills.
Worcester Bosch Greenstar CDi Regular Gas Boiler Features:
- Ultra high-performing floor-standing regular boiler.
- Simple boiler control knobs with temperature display.
- Can be used with solar panels for energy and cost savings.
- Fits underneath a standard kitchen worktop.
- Rapidly reloads stored hot water with high output options.
Worcester boiler prices
Worcester Bosch gas boilers come in different types and sizes, so their prices vary. Let’s break it down:
- Worcester basic Greenstar 1000 costs between £704 and £772. For the same reason, it is good for smaller homes.
- Premium Greenstar 8000 series, with bigger sizes and extended warranties, ranges from £1,510 to £2,747 for larger homes.
- Moreover, the price of Greenstar CDi Highflow is between £2,771 and £3,058. Now, this model is ideal for big quantity hot water needs.
- The entry-level price of Greenstar Ri starts at £1,009. This boiler is suitable for basic heating in smaller homes.
- On the other hand, the price of a high-powered Greenstar Utility is between £3,036 and £3,269.
- Similarly, the top-tier Greenstar CDi FS Regular, with a 10-year warranty, is between £2,014 and £2,48. Consequently, it is suitable for larger homes.
- System boilers like the Greenstar 8000 Style and Life range from £1,549 to £1,797, offering a good balance for medium to large homes.
Claim your free Worcester boiler today
If you’ve got an old, in-efficient boiler, you may replace it with any Worcester Bosch’s new model. Eco Energy Services is providing free boiler delivery at your doorstep. We’re doing this based on the UK government’s free boiler grants like the ECO4 scheme. So if your boiler is older than 2005 and you or anybody at your home is on any government benefits like JSA, ESA, UC, etc, you may qualify for the government grant. Also, you should note that your EPC scoring lower than D is required to be eligible for free boiler replacement.
Worcester Bosch gas boilers are durable investments. They come in all types and sizes. Each model has its unique features. What’s more, overall customer experience with Worcester boilers is satisfactory. These boilers are energy-efficient. Plus their warrant is long enough. Next, they can save you money on heating bills. But remember before buying a boiler; always look at your heating needs. Finally, if you want to replace your older boiler, you can do so through free boiler scheme. Under ECO4 scheme, you may be eligible for free insulation along with brand new Worcester boiler.